Friday, April 5, 2019

leftover friday

when i think my struggles are big and i continue to fail, these are the words i cling to, 
this hymn:
"When I fear my faith will fail, Christ will hold me fast;
When the tempter would prevail, He will hold me fast.
I could never keep my hold through life's fearful path;
For my love is often cold; He must hold me fast.
He will hold me fast, He will hold me fast;
For my Saviour loves me so, He will hold me fast.
Those He saves are His delight, Christ will hold me fast;
Precious in his holy sight, He will hold me fast.
He'll not let my soul be lost; His promises shall last;
Bought by Him at such a cost, He will hold me fast."
one of my favorite versions is by norton hall band: check it out here


the last couple of weeks were hard. really hard. and all the emotions of grief were relived.
but God.
He had beautiful plans.

i look at these faces. and it brings so much joy, but not without some heartache.
 we went {camping} with our friends.
that's right. we went with my friend who i somehow lost years ago















check these cuties out on our first play date when we moved back to texas.







 healing is happening and it's only because of the boldness, humility and forgiveness our Savior brings.

we spoke from scars and not open wounds. we cried for what we lost and what we had. 
His love is big and i'm so very grateful for it all. 

 i'm an aunt again! meet my adorable new nephew oliver💙



this man, our giant. he loves on us so very much after he's worked long days.



i caught the girls playing {funeral} with their guys. it was complete with prayers, worship and an eulogy.
they played this for 2 hours.
and it broke my heart. we've been to two many funerals.

our shorts and tees and tanks are out.

2 out of the 3 may still be in their jammies, but no tears during school :)


work out for momma

this girl finished 2nd grade math! 

trying to get back into the rhythm of libraring it

waving goodbye to our friends.

homegirl quotes:

mira- "i just fell into the creek."
me- "we have a creek in our backyard?"
mira-{{crickets}}
imy- "she means the concreek outside."

juno- "i dies a fly with my chalk. wanna see it?"

imogen- "brushing my hair takes up all my time. will still brush it, i just won't brush out all the tangles. i don't have time for that."

mira- "i think i know why our neighbor's house looks so good. they put their sprinklers on and then they lawn it."


steak tacos tonight, our greasy giant is working on cars for others, we're going to catch up on some school since we took a longer than average😬😂 spring break, maybe some gnome cones, bike rides and worshiping our Lord.
happy weekend.




No comments: