Friday, November 17, 2017

leftover friday

sometimes, i just want to go places and take pictures. not worry about children to care for, or a timeframe or poses. i feel that almost every picture i take now, is in hurried fashion.

have you ever sat down at a restaurant and picked out a person/family and felt lead to buy their meal for them? i encourage you to do so sometime. my giant and i have a heart for a single momma, a pregnant teen, a young family or a couple who seems to be in need of some extra love.
pay for your own meal and then ask your server if you can pay for theirs. i promise, it's ok and we all need a little blessing in our lives.

my giant helped me hang a few things on our walls last weekend. hmmm...after over four years of living in this house.

its been just over two years since my closet friend walked away. it still very much hurts and as much as my giant says she doesn't deserve my tears anymore, i still find them stinging my eyes and choosing forgiveness everyday. you see, it's just these kinds of circumstances that draw us closer to God. when things get hard, i don't want to run, i want to stand firm, be faithful and fight my way through the ugly. because happiness doesn't bring change or mature us, it's the sad times that reveal our need for Him and His love for us.

"my heart hurts momma, for something real good." -mira
{mine does too baby}-me

"i just want to stay in your bed for one whole year." -juno

"sniff, sniff sniff, sniff, i smell daddy here." -juno

if you're a husker fan, it's a sad, sad season.

we have been battling coughs and low grade fevers and if feels like i will never get to the gym or playground again.

it's crazy the kind of comments i get when people find out we homeschool or that we aren't involved in every activity or really watch what we feed our children or the thought of living minimal. it's so hard for them to wrap their mind around something different. i feel like my whole adult life i have been doing something different or at least trying. don't get me wrong, i live very much of the world. but this tug on my heart to serve when others stand by, to help when others could, to stop when others pass, to give when others don't even think. it's the holy spirit, not me.
and then again wasn't Jesus doing something different?

and while we're on topic, if you don't see the fruits of living different or being different than are you really living for the Lord? i mean since this whole life is to bring Him glory, then what are you doing about it? -{i'm speaking to myself here too people}.

my greasy monkey is putting an engine in on a van to help foster families, i feel a tad of sickness trying to creep it's way into my body, but i'm very much looking forward to the stroll in our downtown tomorrow night and a possible surprise for imogen's soon to be birthday.

happy weekend.

No comments: