Monday, July 21, 2014

Oily Love: what has worked and what has failed

I have wanted to dedicate a post just for Essential Oils since I started using them. So why not now? Find out what has worked for our family and what has not. {remember just because it worked or didn't help my family doesn't mean it will be the same for you. God created all our bodies different}





Success:

{sleep}
a drop of Peace & Calming on the bottoms of my girlies feet and bottom of the big toe. I also use a drop of Lavender on the bottom of their feet. I also diffuse both of these if their rooms.

{snoring}
a few drops of Valor on the bottom of my hubby's big toe. I can't be skimpy with the oil, I apply it liberally. I still cannot believe how it has helped with his snoring.

{bug bites}
a drop of Purification first to clean and take out the sting and itch and then apply Lavender

{stains}
Lemon! a drop on stains has taken out blood, mud, dirt, grease and blueberries

{cough} 
I have used Thieves on the bottom of my girls feet and a drop of lemon on their chest, but a couple drops of Aroma Seize on the Rob's upper back did the trick in a day.

{tantrums} 
Peace & Calming helps, but Joy on the back of Imogen's neck helps minutes later.

{headache}
Peppermint! apply on temples and across the head. For really strong headaches or migraines a drop of peppermint and I have also used Thieves on your thumb and press to the roof of your mouth.

{sore muscles}
before I was nursing, I used Peppermint, but Valor works amazingly. I use it for my cracked tailbone and anytime for achy muscles.

{stress}
Stress Away. I apply it on my wrists and back of neck. I use this every single day and can tell my mood if I don't.

{stink}
A drop or two of Purification on a cotton ball in the bottom of our diaper genie takes the stink away. I also put it down our garbage disposal.

{teething} 
Thieves diluted with coconut oil on gums and jawline has helped ease Mira's pain.

{diaper rash}
coconut oil with a drop of Lavender works great, but I now use coconut oil with Gentle Babies and it works wonders.

{ingrown toenails}
a drop of Thieves

{moles}
a drop of Oregano on a q-tip pressed right on it has taken two off.

{sweat}
if anyone knows me, they know I can pit out a sweat shirt. I'm a sweaty person :) Thieves toothpaste applied right on the pit has been awesome.

{toothache}
a drop of Thieves mixed with coconut oil and swished around in mouth.

{sticky goo}
gum on the bottom of my shoe, tree sap on the bottom of my sock, Lemon took it right out.

{canker sore}
Thieves applied right on it took it away.

{tick}
We found one on Imogen's head while we were in Nebraska.  A couple drops of Peppermint on it and the tick backed itself out and it was the easiest tick I have ever removed.

{the grumps}
a drop of Joy on the back of Imy's neck or a drop over my heart has helped in minutes

{post baby stretchy skin}
I mixed Ylang, Ylang with Geranium with coconut oil and rubbed that on twice a day after baby was born.  I also use Citrus Fresh to help tighten skin and have seen results.

{cleaning}
Thieves cleaner. I use it on EVERYTHING. windows, mirrors, countertops, stainless steal, toilets, tub, shower, hard surfaces, carpet and basically anything that needs cleaning

{upset tummy}
Peppermint right over the belly helps ease it. diluted of course for the girls

{bathroom help}
a drop of Peppermint right in the toilet has helped Imogen pee and even poo when she's having trouble.

{pain}
I used what is called the Morphine Bomb after I had Juno. 5 drop of Frankincense, 5 drops of Copaiba, 5 drops Balsam Fir into a capsule, intend of taking a pain reliever

{zits}
Frankincense has really helped mine, but I know Purification has worked for others.

{bee sting}
I was stung on my big toe and a drop of Purification and then Lavender really helped it.

{bug spray}
10 drops of Peppermint, 10 drops of Purification, 10 drops of Lemongrass into 10 oz of water in a squirt bottle. It has reduced the amount of bug bites by so many!

{stuffy nose}
take the lid off of Peppermint and take a few big deep sniffs, inhaling it. can clear you right up.


Failures:

{sunscreen}
I mixed 50 drops of Carrotseed Oil (has a natural SPF of 40-45) into a bottle of Lavaderm spray. I applied in on Imogen and myself. They recommend to reapply every 20-25 minutes. I reapplied after 45 min. Imy and I both got red. 20-25 just doesn't work for our family. I have too many young kids to have to do that. I am going to try another homemade sunscreen that contain beeswax to help make it waterproof and last longer, we will see.

{cysts}
Frankincense helped bring down my cyst to half of its size, but it never has gone away. Once I quit using Frank it returned to the size it was. I have also tried Purification, Thieves and Lavender with no better results.

{stretch marks}
I have used Ylang Ylang and Geranium with coconut oil, Citrus Fresh and Lavender with not much results. I am currently using Elemi to see if it helps.



*Please remember I cannot guarantee that these will work for you, I only use Young Living Essential Oils and I have many more successes from extended family members! If you are interested at all in oils, I highly recommend getting the Premium Starter Kit. It contains the 10 everyday essential oils along with the diffuser.Want to sign up? Click https://www.youngliving.com/signup/?sponsorid=1702811&enrollerid=1702811 or email me at tiffanyandrobert@hotmail.com

3 comments:

Whittney said...

I used Valor on a sebaceous cyst because I didn't have frank at the time. Dominated it! Might try that???

MommaDJane said...

Whittney, how much Valor did you use and how often?

a giant, a homeschool momma, a kung fu panda, a little ninja turtle and a penguin said...

thanks Whittney! I will have to try :)