Friday, May 4, 2018

leftover friday and an update on papa

my dad had his quadruple heart bypass surgery last week.

so many people praying and so many prayers answered. 
his surgery could not have gone any smoother or better.

our waiting room game

while papa was in surgery and recovering in the ICU uncle ryan and aunt danielle kept the homegirls. i'm so very grateful they helped us out so much, otherwise i wouldn't have been able to be with my dad. plus they got bonus time with their stanton cousins.


my mom's brother {my uncle dan} was in town and came to visit my dad.


 our papa is getting better each day and 
he even got released a day early because he was doing so well.

however, the day he was released the interstate got shut down due to the weather conditions and 
they were forced to exit and had to stay the night at my brother's house.
who also lives in nebraska and owns chickens!

these pics are from my sister in law emily.





here are my siblings. 
although we wish the circumstances were better, we are thankful for the time together. 
we can't remember the last time just the four of us were together. 

we are home now and i just dropped my sister {and brother in law} off at the airport. so much has happened in the last two weeks and so much to praise our Lord for.

happy weekend.
and 
happy birthday to my giant. who is my very favorite.


No comments: